There are plenty of excellent casino bonuses for existing players at top online gambling sites and our site is dedicated to bringing you the very best of these. We also provide information on the different types of offers and promotions and how to use them to your advantage when playing real money games.
The Pros and Cons of Existing Player Bonuses
As with all promos, there are advantages and disadvantages to using them. Don't get us wrong, we love player promotions as believe that you should take advantage of them whenever possible. After all, getting to play with extra cash or free spins when you make a deposit is always a plus. Below you'll find our list of positives for using promotions followed by the list of negatives. These should help you determine when and why to claim promotions.
- Bonus Cash: This is the most obvious advantage and the main reason an existing player will take advantage of a casino bonus. They get extra cash whether it's through a reload bonus or match deposit. This cash can come in a number of different formats be it a VIP offer, reload bonus, or as part of a regular loyalty program.
- Free Spins: If you love slots, free spins are another great benefit of casino bonuses. In fact, some players prefer free spins to cash offers as they get the chance to spin the reels on new games as well as popular favorites.
- Numerous Promotions: As an existing player you can claim a range of casino bonuses every day, week, or even month. In fact, you can get a bankroll boost with every deposit you make, and this lets you extend your gameplay and win more too.
- Try New Games: Both reloads and free spins can be used to test out new games and some VIP and loyalty programs also reward regular players with free spins and bonus cash offers so you get to play new games risk-free.
As you can see, there are a lot of good reasons that an existing player would use casino bonuses, but what about the disadvantages?
- Wagering Requirements: The biggest disadvantage to using any promotional offer is wagering requirements. This is the number of times you have to bet your bonus before you can request a withdrawal. This is why it's so important to read the terms and conditions, so you know exactly what is expected of you.
- Withdrawal Limits: Many of the offers for both new and existing players come with cashout limits. Again, this is another reason to pay close attention to the terms and conditions. Imagine winning a large sum only to discover there's a $1,000 cashout limit?
- Time Limits: Lots of casino bonuses have an expiry date. This is the time frame in which you must meet the playthrough requirements. This can be anywhere from 24 hours with free spins to 30 or 90 days with a reload. If you don't use it within this time period, your bonus is forfeited.
What are the Types of Promos for Loyal Players?
As already mentioned, there are plenty of great casino bonuses for regular players. These include:
- Reloads: Similar to the signup bonus, a reload gets you a percentage match on your deposits as an existing player. Some sites offer daily, weekly, or monthly reloads and many will allow you to claim them a number of times throughout the day. These are a great way to get more out of your deposits and give your bankroll a boost too. They might not offer as high a percentage as welcome offers but even a 50% or 75% reload will get you plenty of additional free games.
- Game Release Deals: When a new game is released existing players are often offered free spins and offers to encourage them to try it out. It could be a celebratory slots tournament or a number of free spins offered on release day.
- Cash Back: This is one of our favorite promos and it is often offered on a weekly or monthly basis. It is only available for existing players who have made deposits and will get you between 10% and 20% cashback on all your losses over the past week or month.
- Birthday Specials: Celebrate your birthday in style with a special gift from the casino. This could be anything from free spins, a free reload, a no deposit free cash offer, or more. It's a free gift that you won't want to miss out on.
- Monthly Promotions: Some sites offer special monthly promotions that change all the time. They can be free spins on a particular slot, a special reload offer, tournaments, freeroll events, special prize draws, and more. It is important that existing players keep an eye on the promotions page and check their emails for regular newsletter offers too.
- Payment Method Promos: This is where you get up to 15% extra when you make a deposit using a specific payment provider.
- Tournament Bonuses: Playing in tournaments is a great way to win more. Whether it's blackjack, poker, or a slots tournament, they tend to have huge prize pools and regular freeroll promo entries to get you started.
- Refer a Friend: This is another standard promotional offer available at most online casinos. Existing players are rewarded for bringing in more players. When someone you refer signs up for an account and makes a deposit you get a cash reward.
- Exclusive Promotions: These are special offers that can only be found at the online casino you are a member of. They can vary and can be a match deposit, reload, free spins, and even a no deposit offer.
- VIP and Loyalty Programs: Loyalty programs are a great way for existing players to reap rewards. You get comp points for every wager you make, and these can then be redeemed for real money. You can also use your points for exclusive deposit bonuses, tournament entries, and more. Some programs have levels and the higher you climb the bigger your rewards. Benefits included special gifts, boosted deposit bonuses, higher withdrawal limits, more points, and no deposit and free spins deals.
What are the Risks of Accepting Bonuses?
The main risk involved with accepting promos is the wagering requirements. In order to withdraw the bonus money, you have to meet the playthrough which can be anything from 20x up to 50x. For example, 20x WR means you have to make bets worth 20 times the total amount of your bonus and the amount you've deposited. If you deposit $100 and get a 100% bonus you will have to bet $200 x 20 which is $4,000. The higher the wagering requirements the more you will have to wager before you can withdraw your winnings. of course, you don't have to accept casino bonuses if you don't want.
Tips to Find the Best Terms for Existing Players
When choosing casinos bonuses there are some things that you can do to ensure you get the best deal possible. This is where reading the terms and conditions comes into play. A lot of players tend to ignore them, but you really should read them. When you play with casino bonuses there are certain rules that you have to follow. Do this and you can win a lot more.
- Look for Low Wagering Requirements: Wagering requirements vary from site to site so when looking at casino bonuses, it is important to check what the playthrough requirement is before claiming. Most sites will have a rollover between 30 and 50.
- Check What Games You Can Play: Not all games count towards clearing casino bonuses and the game contribution percentages are also important. This is the amount of your bet that counts towards meeting the playthrough. For example, slots tend to contribute 100% but table games such as blackjack can be as low as 10%. Some games are not permitted and playing these with your bonus can void your winnings.
- Check the Betting Limits: The terms and conditions for casino bonuses often state that you can wager more than a certain amount. This is usually set at 10% of your deposit. Again, be sure to check because failure to meet the T&Cs will forfeit your winnings.
- Look for Wager Free Spins: This is a newer casino bonus and one well worth grabbing whenever you see it. With non-wagering spins, you get to keep everything you win with your free spins. They usually tend to accompany deposit bonuses and are great for slots fans.
- Check the Bonus Expiry: Casino bonuses have an expiry date, and this is the amount of time you have to clear the wagering requirements. The validity period can be anywhere from 7 days to 90 days so be sure to check.
- Play Slots: Slots always contribute 100% towards playthrough and by playing them it is easier to clear the bonus and get cash out your winnings. Progressive jackpots usually aren't allowed. We recommend playing titles with a high RTP percentage and ones that come with additional features such as bonus games, free spins, multipliers, etc, to help you win more in less time.
As you can see, new players are not the only ones treated to casino bonuses and there are plenty of choices for regular customers too. Be sure to check out our list of top existing player offers. Our lists are updated all the time to ensure you always have a code to claim.